Soo Kim is a freelance Art Director
based in Brooklyn, NY.
She grew up in Texas, where she developed her taste for TexMex and medium-rare steak.
Her love for art took her to Florida, where she studied Computer Animation at Ringling College of Art & Design. She got her bearings as an Art Director at 2D animation studio, then braved the transition into freelance. Armed with storytelling passion and design training, she collaborates with a variety of clients to create stunning concepts.
Freelance Art Director, 2016-Present
Collaborates with Creative Directors, Designers, and clients to create brand-driven designs and compelling video content. Develops conceptual and visual direction, using illustrations, storyboards, and animatics.
Studios & Agencies:
- Aardman Nathan Love
- Calabash Animation
- & more
Art Director, Epipheo, 2015 - 2016
- Collaborated with Creative Director to determine best visual concept for clients.
- Developed the visuals for projects, and created necessary assisting materials, including sketches, animatics, and illustrations.
- Directed freelance artists and animators to execute a refined product within deadlines.
- Pitched and delivered effective brand-driven content to high-profile clients such as: Amazon, Viacom, P&G, Intel, and Citrix.
Animatic Artist, Epipheo, October 2015
- Created animatics for production, under the direction of Creative and Art Directors.
- Determined and executed best visual representation for given concepts.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects
- Storyboard Pro
- 3D: Autodesk Maya
Ringling College of Art & Design, Sarasota, FL
BFA, Computer Animation. May 2015